Rehabilitation Center in Miami and Physical Therapy Services
In such an active community such as Miami, it is inevitable that physical therapy, or physiotherapy, will be needed at some point for many people. Miami Accident Center rehabilitation services are offered as a complement to our chiropractic therapies. Physiotherapy is an essential part of healing after an injury. When combined with chiropractic treatments the patient finds themselves back on their feet in no time.
After an accident or injury the body has a lot to deal with.
Physical therapy Miami involves everything from nutrition to massage to manipulation and more. After the initial shock has worn away, the body is left heal itself, and resorts to destructive practices such as building scar tissue and festering subluxations. It does not matter whether the injury was due to an accident such as auto accident, or an injury sustained while playing sports, or just one of those dumb things that happens, when the body is injured it needs rehabilitation to heal.
Where to Seek Physical Therapy Miami
With over 40 years experience in physical therapy, Miami Accident Centers have helped countless patients to recover quickly after an injury. Our chiropractors look at rehabilitation as a holistic, whole body process.
When an injured patient first comes in we provide a thoughtful, complementary, consultation. We have a two way conversation about the issue that brought the patient into our office, and together we determine the best course of action for healing. Miami Accident Center rehabilitation services involve:
- Ultrasound Therapy: the use of ultrasonic waves to break up tension and scar tissue in the muscles.
- Traction Therapy: essentially an advanced and calculated form of stretching the body.
- Massage Therapy: the use of human touch to relax and move muscles.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: the practice of treating subluxation through quick movement
- Anesthetized Manipulation: massage, chiropractic adjustments, and more delivered under anesthesia.
- Work Hardening Rehabilitation Program: structured program simulating the work environment involving increasing difficulty to retrain the body.
- Spinal Decompression: stretching the back any precise manner to allow discs to heal.
- Cryotherapy: use of cold application to reduce inflammation.
- Moist Heat Therapy: use of warmth and moisture to relax the muscles and improve circulation
- Cold Laser Therapy: low level lasers that are used to reduce pain.
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation: use of low level electrical impulses the cause muscles to contract and relax.
- And more…
Not all of these therapies are appropriate for every patient. That is why for rehabilitation, Miami – based residents come to us. Our chiropractors do not believe in a one – size – fits – all philosophy for physiotherapy. Every injury is different, every patient is different, and every course of treatment must be different.